Construction Systems International (CSI) is a Construction Management and General Contracting Company based in Jamaica.
We utilize world-class, industry best-practices in General Contracting, Pre-Construction, Construction Management, and Sustainable Construction services.
Our experienced and committed team build strong relationships with clients and produce competitive pricing, accurate scheduling, and an elevated service response. Together with our attention to detail, and emphasis on structural integrity and quality finishes, we deliver exemplary results.
CSI is a natural succession of the partnership between Deighton Levee and Gary Matalon who co-founded and continue to lead the Project Management firm, Neustone Projects. The partners saw the need for a first-world Construction Management company complete with its own team of professional building experts. As a result, CSI was established in 2010, capitalizing on over 30 years of combined experience in Project and Construction Management.
To provide value-added construction services and solutions through strong collaborative client and team relationships, using available technology to improve and enhance the communication processes; resulting in aesthetically pleasing, structurally sound and sustainable construction.
A cost-effective approach to merging environmental, social and economic responsibilities to the benefit of all
CSI team collaborations with clients and shareholders that deliver results, which exceed expectations
Converting transformational leadership and technology platforms, into client & industry accolades
WHAT WE DO
What we do, and how we do it, are central to who we are, and our success as a preferred partner. The company is built on a foundation of knowledge, integrity and teamwork. We meet the needs of our clients through:
•An experienced and professional in-house team of Preconstruction, Estimating, and Purchasing experts to ensure our Site Management teams are fully supported.
•Vertical Market Sectors, allowing us singular focus, to solve the complexity of delivering building projects on time and on-budget, while helping sub-contractors improve quality and safety, at the same time reducing risk.
•Ongoing Sustainable Construction, which brings our heightened awareness of the necessity to merge environmental, social and economic responsibilities in the built environment, to the fore.
•Contemporary methods such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) a technological development that transforms the way buildings and infrastructure are designed, constructed and operated.
•The application of wide professional expertise, in mechanical and electrical review and coordination, historical, cost data management, cost engineering, scheduling, and safety risk management.
•Value Engineering, the systematic and organized approach for providing all the necessary components of a project at the lowest possible cost.
Deighton has gained his experience in projects in the USA, Jamaica, St Lucia, TCI and Puerto Rico. Gaining a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, he has worked in senior positions across the Construction and Manufacturing/Distribution industries before establishing Neustone.
- Construction Management with large tract residential developers in the USA and Jamaica
- Project Management of large commercial and residential real estate and construction projects in Jamaica and St Lucia
- Project Management of various large scale enterprise projects including full ERP rollout for large FMCG company
- Project Management of major business transformations and several operational re-structuring initiatives
- Project Management of several major Supply Chain initiatives related to Procurement and Logistics
Areas of Expertise
- 20 years Project Management across multiple industries and project types
- Commitment to development of people and teams
- Process development and optimization to drive continuous improvement
- Ability to identify and communicate the relationships between “big picture” and key details
Gary Matalon has made a name for himself as a business professional that is eager to take on new adventures and revolutionize the way business is done in Jamaica and the wider Caribbean. His greatest moments throughout the years have ranged from founding successful businesses and starting his family.
- 86 Unit Townhouse and Condominium Development Founder
- Successful private and public market ventures in Real Estate Project Management, Restaurant and Entertainment
- 17 years of entrepreneurial, executive, operations, and marketing experience
Areas of Expertise
- BA - Lynn University (Business Management and Entrepreneurship)
- MBA – University of Liverpool (UK)
- PMP Accreditation
- Deep network and respected leader in Jamaican business sector
- Organic growth - domestic and international expansion
Leighton has been a member of the CSI team since 2013 and has continued to play a major role in our growth. Leighton has been a key player in developing great relationships with our clients and partners.
Head of Pre-Construction
Martin is a Quantity Surveyor (QS) with a 29-year experience working in all areas of the profession having worked as a professional QS, a clients’ QS and a contractors’ QS. He has experience in, and an understanding of all aspects of the profession, having worked in both the private and public sectors and has local and international experience. He joined CSI in 2017 as Contracts Manager with responsibility for the contractual and financial aspects of projects.
- Preparing project budgets, tender documents, tender analysis, and award. Preparation of contract documents and provide post contract support and assessment.
- Project financial planning and feasibility assessment, external consultant management, contractual compliance monitoring and preparation of project financial reports.
- Tendering for projects, preparation, and control of project budgets, change management, and contract compliance.
Areas of Expertise
- Contract preparation and administration with experience in FDIC, CIC and other forms of contract
- Payment application, change management and claims
- Cost negotiation and sub-contract management
- Cost forecasting and budgeting and cost control
Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Jamaica.
Janice has over 25 years’ experience in finance, accounts and audit in the areas of hospitality, retail, manufacturing and distribution, project management and construction.
She has served in various capacities which include Audit Senior, Chief Accountant, Finance Manager and Financial Controller.
She played an integral role in the transition of a private company to a publicly listed company on the Junior Market of the Jamaica Stock Exchange.
Areas of Expertise
Corporate finance and accounting
Ricardo joined CSI in November 2021 coming from Trinidad working with a few of the largest real estate developers where he gained over 15years of Construction Project Management. Ricardo’s core qualifications include a MSc in Project Management, BSc in Project Management, IPMA, IMFA Facility Management Professional (FMP) and IMFA Essentials of Facilities Management.
Snapshot of Major land development projects include:
- 4 Arche site, 33,000sq.ft. Floor area Poultry Processing Plant at South Trunk Road, Oropuche Trinidad.
- 12 Arche Land Development Project at South Trunk Road, Oropuche Trinidad.
- Renovation Upgrade works to Edan Centre, High Street, San Fernando Trinidad.
- 6 Townhouse Units at Alahar Street, La Romain, San Fernando Trinidad.
- 3 Arche site Townhouse Condominium Scheme at Ram Logan Drive, Charlievelle Trinidad.
- Master planning and conceptualizing 5 Arche site at Guayaguayare Mayaro Road, Mayaro Trinidad.
- District Cooling Development Project Pilot Brechin Castle, Couva for the UNDP GEF Project Team and Ministry of Planning. Trinidad
- Massy Motors Best Auto, Lady Young Road, Morvant: Construction of Showroom.
Snapshot of Major upgrade/ refurbishment of properties include:
- SHELL Energy House, 5 St. Clair Avenue, St. Clair
- RGM Ltd - Queens Park Plaza, 5-5A Queens Park West, Port of Spain
- RGM Ltd - Albion Plaza Energy Centre, 22-24 Victoria Avenue, Port of Spain
- RGM Ltd - Princess Court, Corner Keate & Pembroke Streets, Port of Spain
- RGM Ltd - Newtown Centre, 30 - 36 Maraval Road, Port of Spain
- RGM Ltd - Victoria Place, 11 - 13 Victoria Ave, Port of Spain
- RGM Ltd - Ithmus Court, Galeota Point, Guayaguayare
- JMMB - South Park, San Fernando: Ground Floor and First Floor Fit Out Works.
- Angostura Limited – Property development.
Snapshot of Public-Private Partnership Projects include:
- Lady Hailes Development Project - Facility Management Planning for Operations and Maintenance.
- E-IDCOT, Industrial Park, Tobago: Construction of 2 Multi-Producer Buildings.
- HDC – 27 Arche Harmony Hall Land Development, Harmony Hall Gasparillo.
- Point Fortin Borough Upgrade & Mahaica Pavillion, George Road, Mahaica, Point Fortin, Trinidad, West Indies
- National Library and Information System Authority (NALIS): 4 Library Upgrades Projects
- Community Centre’s – 3 Tobago Centre’s & 5 Trinidad Centre’s.
- Construction Project Management
- Real Estate Development – Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Institutional.
- Civil Infrastructure and Master Planning
- Facilities and Property Management
- Architectural and Engineering Designing
- Strategic Planning
- Project Execution Planning
- Leadership and Knowledge Based Learning and Sharing
- High Performing Team Building
Project Operations Manager
Dimitri is a Construction Project Manager with over 14 years of experience working in Project Management, Construction and Energy industries. Having studied Physics and Civil Engineering, he has brought that knowledge to his current role with CSI. Dimitri worked for 7 years at Neustone in all aspects of project management before venturing into the Energy Sector for 6 years and returned to the CSI team in 2021.
- Residential and commercial renovations including Manor Park Plaza and Tracks & Records Kingston
- New Kingston Courtyard Marriott
- Managed build-out of eight (8) gas stations across the island
Doniel is a Quantity Surveyor (QS) with a 4-year experience working as a contractors’ QS. She has experience in, and an understanding of the profession, having worked on Residential, Commercial and Hospitality projects. She joined CSI in 2018 as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
- Preparing tender documents, tender analysis, and award. Preparation of contract documents and provide post contract support.
- Preparing quantity take-off for remeasured works and analysis.
- Tendering for projects, preparation, and control of project budgets, and change management.
Areas of Expertise
- ProEst Implementation
- Payment application, change management and claims.
- Budgeting and cost control.
Tamra Gray is an Accounting Officer assigned to shared services for both Neustone Limited and Construction Systems International Limited. She has 5-years’ experience working in the accounting field and is now pursuing her Certified Public
Accounting License having completed university with honours degree in Accounting and Management Studies. Having joined the company in year 2020, Tamra seeks to be a contributor to its success while continuing to gain a high level of expertise in her career field.
Areas of Expertise:
Managerial and Financial Accounting